Dogs In The Workplace™ For Managers is a two hour online course that guides decision makers through key legal and liability related issues revolving around employees bringing their dogs to work.
The Manager course is a step-by-step plan to implement a bring your dog to work program that works for everyone. Managers learn how to reduce legal, insurance and reputation risk, manage space, write program policies, evaluate dogs for acceptance into the program, manage a program, and deal with issues. They’ll also learn the difference between a pet dog, therapy dog, and service dog and how allergies and the Americans with Disabilities Act can impact your plan.
Reduce the risk of dog bites and unhappy employees in your workplace. This course is 100% online and self-paced, which allows each participant to start and stop at any time, as often as necessary, to accommodate their busy schedules. Developed by dog training, dog bite prevention, and insurance experts.
This course engages employees and verifies an understanding of the material by using interactive features, such as:
- Define a successful dogs in the workplace program
- Details insurance and legal risks with dogs in the workplace
- Explains best practices for avoiding claims and issues at work
- Gives ideas for space management and keeping the workplace safe for dogs
- Explains federal laws that may impact a program
- Gives suggestions for program management
- Identifies what is and is not appropriate conduct in the workplace
- Provides a framework for evaluating individual dogs for inclusion in a program
- Generates a certificate of completion and certifies the learner as Dogs In The Workplace™ Compliant and Workplace Ready
- Coming Soon: Gives resources for insurance discounts on workman’s compensation and liabilities policies for companies who pass certification